Thursday, February 11, 2010

1st Birthday Party: Cake, Cupcakes, and More Cake!

I took a day off from work and my sister Cara and I were in full-blown baking mode to get ready for the party on Saturday the 6th.

First, we made Elmo cupcakes. They were a blast to make and the cousins loved them! We made red frosting and put it on the cupcakes using a special tip to make it look like "fur". The mouth is half of an oreo (sawed in half very gently), the noses are orange skittles, and the eyes are large marshmallows sliced with a cheese slicer.

After the Elmo cupcakes we made individual "smash" cakes for Prior and Mason. I definitely won't be opening a bakery anytime soon, but at the same time I was pretty proud of our accomplishments!


After the cupcakes and smash cake, it was time to call a professional. I picked up these cakes from Byerly's. They give you a free cake for first birthdays - how cool is that?

Prior and Mason enjoying their baseball cakes. It was their first real taste of sugar. Safe to say they liked it. If they inherited my sweet tooth they are in trouble!


And finally, here are a few videos. The first is the family singing the official Happy Birthday song to the boys. The second video is the live version of them digging into their cakes. I put this video to music because it got a little long. Based on the number of flashes you'll see in the video you'll think the paparazzi was at the party. 

1 comment:

  1. Totally not fair that they still had their shoulder straps on in their high chairs!! I think you would have seen at least one total face plant without them! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...